27th ANNUAL SUNCOAST KINGFISH CLASSIC
Rules & Regulation Fall 2018
Tournament Rules & Regulations – November 15-17, 2018
1. All Early entries must be turned in or mailed to: Suncoast Kingfish Classic, LLC 12781 Kingfish Dr., Treasure Island, FL 33706.
Registration starts at 5:00 p.m. on November 15, 2018 followed by a Mandatory Captains meeting at 8:00 pm.
2. *NEW* Eligible species limited to King Mackerel. Eligible fish must measure 30″ in length nose to fork & must be brought by boat to weigh in
3. Entry fee is $350.00 (7% tax & cc fees included). Early entry fee is $300.00 (tax & cc fees included) if received before November 9, 2018. “At
the Captain’s meeting the Tournament Director will decide whether or not weather will require rescheduling of the Tournament and, if so, all
participants are bound by that decision.” Cash, check or credit cards will be accepted. Returned checks incur a $50.00 fee.
4. Payment of the entry fee into a tournament constitutes a representation by each entrant that he or she has read and will abide by such rules.
Your signature is required at Registration when you receive your boat number. All info must be filled out completely and legibly
5. NO CHECK OUTS: Lines in the water at 7:00 am on Saturday November 17, 2018.
6. Saturday, November 17, 2018, Boundaries: Homosassa Springs North, 28’48.00’N, & Venice South, 27’00.00’S line and West, 83’20.00’W
(approx. 30 miles West of Johns Pass Sea Buoy) on the West Coast of FL.
7. WEIGH IN: OVERALL TOURNAMENT WILL ALLOW THREE (3) FISH TO BE WEIGHED. ONE (1) HEAVIEST FISH & ONE (1) CLOSEST
TO 27.00+ LBS. & ONE (1) FOR YOUTH AND/OR LADIES AND/OR 2nd FISH IN THE GENE TURNER TOURNAMENT if entered)
8. “Gene Turner” Aggregate Division” – Two (2) fish aggregate weight (LBS), including Spring (4/14, 2018) and Fall Tournaments (11/17,
2018). Entry fee will be $100 for each Tournament ($200 total). You may also elect to weigh 1 fish in the Spring & 1 fish in the Fall or
(2) fish in the Spring or 2 fish in Fall not to exceed three (3) fish in total.
NEW: There will be one (1) DROP FISH allowed in the Gene Turner Division. Three (3) places will be paid for heaviest two (2) King
Mackerel in this Division.
9. A youth angler eligible for the Youth Angler Awards must be 15 years or younger on the tournament date. Three (3) places awarded.
10. A lady angler eligible for the Lady Angler Awards must be 16 years or older on the tournament date. Three (3) places awarded.
11. Any tournament changes will be announced by the end of the Mandatory Captain’s Meeting, November 15, 2018, and will supersede all prior
tournament rules and regulations.
12. This is a Captain’s choice tournament. It is up to the registered Captain to determine whether his or her craft is sea worthy for existing sea
conditions. Participants are encouraged to scan channel 16 along with the Official Tournament channel 68 to keep abreast of any marine or
weather warnings. The captain is responsible for all members of his crew both on and off the water.
13. After tournament begins, if two or more boats come together, make landfall or pass anything between boats, it will result in disqualification. The
only exception is for a life-threatening emergency. The exception will apply to the boat granting assistance, not to the boat receiving assistance.
This must be reported prior to weigh in to Tournament Committee.
14. Spanish Mackerel Division fees – $55.00 as additional prize. Payouts are based on number of entries. Three (3) places will be paid:
50/30/20%. Only one (1) Spanish Mackerel per boat/team can be weighed.
15. “Single Engine Division”: Outboard only, 400 hp or less.
16. All fish weighed must be fit for human consumption. Please ice your fish. No mutilated or frozen fish will be accepted for weigh-in. All fish
weighed become the property of the tournament. Donated fish welcomed. All fish proceeds go to our Charity.
17. Maximum of six anglers per boat with a maximum of six lines in use at any one time. All fish must be caught only with hand held rods and reels.
18. All tournament fish must be weighed at the tournament site by the Weigh Master. Weigh scales open at 3:00 p.m. A certified electronic scale
registering two decimal places is used. In the event of a tie, the earliest fish weighed will be declared the winner. All fish weighed must be free
of hooks, wire, weights, ice or anything not natural to the Kingfish. The Weigh Master’s decision is final. Two (2) fish per person bag limit.
19. All tournament boats must show their number to the designated check-in boat by 5:00 p.m. to be in the check-in line. If you are not recognized
by your boat number by the tournament headquarters, you will not be allowed to come to the dock and weigh your fish. No boat may break into
the weigh-in line or leave and return to the line.
20. All boats are responsible for getting their fish to the weigh-in by boat under their own power.
21. Fish will be brought to the dock by a registered boat angler and remain with the fish to verify the weight at the scale and sign the weigh-in slip.
22. Captains and their crews are responsible for following all local, state, federal fishing licenses and boating laws.
23. Tournament Committee reserves the rights to refuse entry to any person.
24. Any protest concerning the violation of tournament rules of any kind, the decision of the Tournament Director is final. It must be made in writing
and turned in to the Tournament Director before the end of the weigh-in. Each protest must be accompanied by a $500 cash fee. If the protest is
upheld, the $500 will be returned.
25. NEW: ALL TOURNAMENT WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT AT TOURNAMENT AWARDS TO RECEIVE WINNING CHECKS. Anyone
receiving a check or prize ($600 and over) from this tournament must complete a W-9 Form before the check will be issued.
26. All entrants may be subject to a Polygraph test after this tournament on the Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. Polygraph test will be
performed on 1st Place overall plus one random team. Failure to submit to a polygraph will result in disqualification from the tournament and
forfeit of any winnings. This promotes good sportsmanship and camaraderie. There may be 2 places tested overall. Checks issued after
Polygraph is passed. All awards not claimed by a boat team member at the Awards Ceremony on November 17, 2018 will be donated 50% to
charity and 50% to the Suncoast Kingfish Classic, LLC.